Mountain View, CA – October 6, 2010 – Expertus, a leading provider of software and services that optimize the business impact of learning, recently submitted a case study for its work with a global oil field services provider and won the GOLD award for Excellence in Outsourcing at the CLO Magazine Learning In Practice Awards ceremony last Tuesday. Expertus and its customer organization collaborated to develop solutions to achieve full compliance of required employee training and support the company’s growing, global workforce.
Expertus’ customer, a Fortune 250 corporation with more than 34,000 global employees and multiple business units, developed a centralized shared service model that solve a multitude of learning administration issues. Together, they developed the processes and infrastructure to successfully handle ongoing LMS support, including improved training administration and registration, reporting and logistics management.
In addition, Expertus established the following:
- Key contacts in 16 hard-to-reach countries and a process of identifying non-compliant learners, delivering the training via CD, and capturing completions for those with limited internet connectivity.
- A 24/5 support team with processes flexible enough to adapt to the company’s unique needs. This resulted in a smooth transition where the various learning constituents are able to retain their core processes and also benefit from improved support.
- Reports, dashboards and charts that make it simple for country managers to track compliance and push non-compliant employees to complete their training.
The results of the program were quite successful. Within 60 days, Expertus helped the organization improve compliance to a record 99.8 percent. In the first year of the engagement, Expertus successfully:
- Increased the 48-hour help desk ticket resolution to more than 98 percent
- Completed more than 1,200 learner transcript updates
- Created 2,136 new classes
- Completed 1,924 requests and 1,419 inquiries
- Ran 1,687 reports (ad-hoc and specialized)
- Marked completions for 12,397 learners
Although this centralization initiative was not focused on reducing costs, a side benefit was a reduction in the cost of learning administration of more than 40 percent, combined with an increase in learner support responsiveness.
To learn more about the CLO Magazine Learning In Practice awards, visit http://www.clomedia.com/awards/.
For information on Expertus, please visit www.expertus.com or call Mohana Radhakrishnan email@example.com.
Expertus is the leading global provider of software and services that optimize the business impact of learning. For more than a decade, the firm’s 500+ learning management professionals have defined and implemented plans, processes and technologies that transform training organizations – creating measurable value for the world’s most successful corporations. Customers include ADP, AstraZeneca, Cisco, ConocoPhillips, EMC, Honeywell and Lockheed Martin. Every day at these and other companies, more than a million employees, customers and business partners are educated as a result of Expertus’ innovative business strategies, outsourcing services and technology-rich solutions.
Based in Silicon Valley, Expertus serves its customers from offices in the US, UK and India. For more information, visit www.expertus.com, or call toll-free 1-877-827-8160.